Moringa bounty bars
Makes 8 to 10 bars
Indulge in these energizing and super nutritious moringa bars. They are vegan and easy to make. You just need to like the taste of coconut!
- 150 gr of grated coconut
- 50 gr of plant based butter (ghee)
- 3 soup spoons of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of moringa powder (or according to taste )
- 6 medjool dates (seedless)
- pinch of salt
- 1 large soup spoon of peanut butter
- 2 to 4 soup spoons of soja cream or coconut cream
- 200 gr of dark (vegan) chocolate
Blend all the 1st layer ingredients in a food processor until you get a sticky blend.
Place them in silicon shapes or in a square brownie plate in which you place a baking paper . Fill the shapes with the mix. Press well and put them in the freezer.
Make a caramel by blending the ingredients of the 2nd layer in a food processor . Add more cream if the caramel is too thick. Add a layer of this mixture on top of the coconut mix and even with your fingers (wet them first).
Freeze for 1 more hour . Take the bounty bars out of their shapes (in case of the brownie plate , cut in bars).
Melt 200 gr of chocolate and entirely dip the bars in the chocolate.
Store 1 up to 1 week in the fridge or up to 3 weeks in the freezer in an airtight container.